[at-l] Snoring

Since so many people have said they snore, I thought I'd post this in addition to my question. The doctor that I went to for my sleep study to see if I had sleep apnea or not said that he wished everyone that snored would come in for a study. Most people don't realize they have sleep apnea until they have someone who hears them sleep over and over and realizes the signs of sleep apnea. If you snore, ask a few questions of someone who has heard you. Do you ever suddenly stop snoring? Does the pause return with a very loud return to snoring? Does it ever look like you arent breathing. Do you gasp for air while you sleep? Also, ask yourself a few questions. Do you always feel tired? Have you ever fallen asleep while driving? What about at work? What about in the middle of a conversation, or even worse, in the middle of your own sentence?  Do any of these things happen often? Daytime somnolance is a huge concern for people suffering with a sleep disorder and one of the easiest signs to
 detect. I have asked almost everyone that I know if they snore. Of the 20 or so people that said yes, I know that 10 of them have been checked and 4 were serious enough to be put on continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines. I have also met people during office visits that have had the laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) which involves several outpatient laser treatments, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) which is an inpatient surgical option, and radiofrequency ablation (RFA) which utilizes a needle electrode to emit energy to shrink excess tissue. Some said the procedures were nothing, others had horror stories. Nobody had Injection Snoreplasty (yes, that is actually what it is called, well one of the names) which involves being injected with Sotradecol, so I have no other info on that except that they dont recommend it for people with sleep apnea. It is more for people with simple snoring issues. In all, the people I met did not lean one way or another toward a
 particular procedure. With each procedure there were people that were positive and people that were negative about the procedure. I could not see any pattern that would suggest one procedure was better than another. This is probably more info than anyone needs at the moment. If you snore, talk to your doctor. If you have a problem, submit to a sleep study.