[at-l] A Walk in the Woods

Whenever I give a slideshow or talk about one of my
longer walks, I invariably get asked if I had read
"WALK IN THE WOODS".  It is by far the most well known
about walk our niche passion.

Having said that, I am nuetral on the book. It is an
amusing read for the first 100 pages or so and ~ the
last twenty pages.  The other parts of the book I felt
as if Bryson was writing filler to fulfill a contract
obligation.

Bryson is a talented writer. He wrote a funny, amusing
book. A book that at times does show a passion and
love for the outdoors. But while the book takes place
on the Appalachian Trail...it is not *about* the
Applachian Trail. Not a criticism, but an imporant
observation.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com