[at-l] A Walk in the Woods---

The reasons that I wouldn't want this project to go forward have mostly been voiced on the list previously: (1) Paul Newman and Robert Redford are too old to do justice to this project; (2) Bill Bryson and Katz threw out junk along the trail as far as they went---they never seemed to learn anything; (3) it will probably be made somewhere else, and purported to be the AT, a la "Cold Mountain", which was mostly made in someplace in Eastern Europe; (4) if it were made on the trail, the equipment and volume of people necessary would do major damage to the trail, as well as discommode real hikers---we lived in a town where a lot of "A League of Their Own" was filmed; we weren't even allowed to use our own streets to walk down because they were blocked off for the movie people, even after hours, and the town got not one cent from all this---would the AT see any profit from the film company?

anklebear

http://ydr.com/story/trail/67383/

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1592961,00.html