[at-l] Airport to Union Station

On May 1, 2005, at 9:43 AM, Roy wrote:

> Need Help,
>
> Planning my section hike from Harpers Ferry on the AT.  Can anyone
> tell me what major northeast airport has bus or train service direct
> to D.C.'s Union Station?  Where I will take the train to Harpers
> Ferry.

You can take the MARC train from BWI airport (Baltimore Washington
International) to Union Station.  Or you can take the the subway from
DC/Reagan Airport to Union Station.  Reagan is closer and Metro is
cheaper, but BWI is often easier to get a flight into and has better
baggage service.  (IMHO.)  All things considered I'd fly into Reagan
National Airport in DC.

I was just at Union Station myself this week, returning my rental car
that I used to get home from my section hike.  :)

-Joy