From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On Behalf Of ken bennett
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:05 PM
To: David A Jones; AT-L@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] wind screen

On 4/28/05 7:49 PM, "David A Jones" <dajones@isp.com> wrote:

> I need to construct a wind screen.  What have you guys done for a wind
> screen?
> A couple days ago OB said he used a piece of hardware cloth for a pot
> stand (and a wind screen)?
> What is hardware cloth?

Hardware cloth is a metal mesh, like very fine chicken wire. Not useful for
a wind screen <g>.

You can buy an MSR windscreen designed for their stoves, and cut it to the
right size. You can buy  metal flashing at Home Depot. Or you can buy Heavy
Duty aluminum foil or an aluminum roasting pan at the grocery store.

Ken