[at-l] AT License Plate

In a message dated 4/25/2005 7:47:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
I don't get this. Someone or some group was suing for the right to have a
specialty plate on the grounds that another group was allowed to have one,
the judge "threw the case out" (as in dismissed it) and that is a "victory
for groups seeking to raise money via specialty tags"? I don't see how. It
looks more like a defeat to me.
*
*
*

           The intent was to eliminate the specialty plate all together. The
premise was, "if I can't have one nobody can". The judge rejected that and the
tags were allowed to remain a state program. If the judge ruled in their
favor, that would be the end of all specialty plates.

          A follow through on the Lennar development corporation that had its
houses arsoned in Maryland: Lennar is part of a group trying to get Florida
to change the Everglades borders in order to push dense urban blight further
into the wildlands. They claim the urban sprawl borders set by Florida, in order
to protect the Everglades, were a violation of land rights and that the
borders should be determined by market demand...

*