[at-l] cell coverage on AT

Depending upon your make of phone too, you may pick a few extra lithium ion
batteries cheap on Ebay as back-up for the hike. I did with my Motorola v120
model for my thru-hike. The batteries are ~$8 shipped now, a far cry from the
$35 they were 2 years ago.  Charge the extras at a hostel, McDonalds, post
office, etc.  and send the charger ahead in your bounce box of carry the charger
likewise. I seem to remember seeing lightweight chargers at Walmart .  My
charger weighs about 7 ounces easily. The light ones weigh less than half that.