[at-l] Photos

At 01:27 AM 4/22/2005 +0000, camojack@comcast.net wrote:
>Looks like fun...
>-"Camo"
>
> > Try <http://hiking.jimbullard.org/GrassRiver/index.htm>

It is fun. I tried whitewater canoeing about 12-13 ago. I ran a couple of
races on that same river, downstream from where I took the photos. It was
only class 1-3 rapids. I've run the river at the bottom of the hill from my
house and I tried a kayak but never learned to do an Eskimo roll. I can
(and did) totally outfit myself to backpack for less than the price of a
good boat and buying a boat is just the start. It's a sport for the young
with good reflexes. At age 60 I don't feel the need of an adrenaline rush.
On the contrary, activities that promise to prolong my life are more
appealing than those that risk ending it suddenly. I still paddle but I
'carry' around big white waves.