[at-l] What we're not gonna discuss

As much as I like good conversation, I have a really dumb idea.  I'm a blonde, so go figure.

WHY does it matter who does and who doesn't carry a particular piece of equipment on a hike?

We could argue Water Filters vs Water Purifiers vs Iodine vs No Treatment with the same fervor as anything else.

We could argue (again) the use of Hiking Poles.

We could argue the merits of Digital Cameras vs Film Cameras.

We could argue about 6 pound backpacks when there are 2 pound backpacks which will carry the same load and save 4 pounds 'on the back'.

We could argue canister stoves, vs gas stoves vs esbit vs alcohol stoves.
Heck, we can argue WHICH alcohol stove is "best" and why.

WHAT is the purpose of this list?  (And remember, I am one to toss a fire-cracker in the campfire.)

Are we really THAT bummed that we have to attack people, make excuses, get in people's space, TELL people what to do?  (OOOPS, I'm just suggesting here, not telling, honest.)

HYOH.  If you want to carry a piece of equipment in your pack -- even if 99% of the reading public does not define that piece as "equipment" -- JUST DO IT and don't talk about it.

I don't care what you carry.

I care that you have a good time on the Trail.

I care that you feel confident enough in this group that you'll ask a question if you need advice and not avoid asking because you fear someone will ridicule you.

Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people, and as a friend of mine has said: "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it."

Next question please.

Coosa
Carol Donaldson
carol1944@brmemc.net
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com
("Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." ~ Pope John Paul II The Great)