[at-l] Cell Phones, yet again - the 'rules'

Post One: "...I can't simply vanish for weeks at time."
Post Two: Except, of course that is what everyone with a sense of adventure did for most of human experience, as did all long distance hikers, thru hikers, and thru hiker wanna bes until about 10 years ago.

ME:  Yup, and ten years ago there were not nearly the numbers of hikers on the Trail.  There were fewer Thru Hikers and probably more Sectionaires, simply because there was less ability to contact the 'outside world.'

If you really want "wilderness experience" you'll need to be helicoptered in somewhere away from all civilization, like maybe somewhere in Western Canada.  So don't crybaby about your "wilderness experience" because we've heard it all at least 3000 times.  The only person who has the power to determine YOUR 'experiences' is (drum roll please) "YOU."

I can go somewhere and have the time of my life and another person can go to the same place at the same time and have a miserable time.  Why?  Because each of us chose the parameters of our personal experiences.  My parameters are HUGE and the other person's are NARROW.   So, I respectfully suggest that if you're not having the time of your life, it's time to 'think outside the box' and widen your parameters.

Time for a Paradigm Shift!  (Sometimes called a Chinese Fire Drill, with apologies to all Asians everywhere.)

On another parameter:
Who is coming to Trail Fest?

Coosa
Carol Donaldson
carol1944@brmemc.net
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com
("Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it" ~ Pope John Paul II The Great)