[at-l] What's so heavy??

In a message dated 4/20/2005 11:02:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tsjuster@yahoo.com writes:

Could  someone give me a breakdown of what theycarried
on their thru-hike (or for  another 1-2 week hike) and
what weighed what?

-  Victoria

*
Winter gear:
My pack was about 2 pounds, 8 ounces.
My sleeping bag 2 pounds 4 ounces.
My sleeping pad 1 pound 8 ounces (2" thermarest LE 3/4 for a bad  back).
My tent was 1 pound 13 ounces

So there's about 8 pounds already.
I carried "at least" 10 pounds of food and water.

So now we're at 18 pounds without a kitchen or clothes.

It adds up quick.
First aid, vitamins, head lamp, ear plugs, stay warm gear, stay dry gear,
camp shoes, kitchen gear, fuel, my stuffed dog (went the whole 2100+
miles)....

It adds up, an ounce at a time.

My total, carry too much, starting a thruhike pack weight was 36  pounds.
Eventually my winter weight got down to 32, summer 20 -  25.

hotdog AT 03