[at-l] HYOH

I have been follow the cell phone thread with great interest.
Last night I sat down with a couple o bottles of Wild Goose
India Pale Ale and reread all of the messages and the whole
thread to the wasted electrons was

Hiker1 does not like cell phones and if hiker2 carries a cell
phone then hiker1's 'wilderness/hiking experience' will be
ruined so he feel impowered hiker1 how to hike.

Hiker2 wants to carry a cell phone for some reason (medical,
emergency, contact with family etc) and resents that hiker1
is telling him how to hike.  So the two hikers argue back and
forth.

HYOH stands for hike your own hike.  What the world needs is
more tolerant peole (except for Shane who does not play well
with others).  Someone wrote me stating that hikers were
more tolerant than the general population.  Actually I think
the list shows otherwise.

SO  growup people, take a hike.  I tired of all the three years
olds on the list.

Who is hikin' this weekend.  We are going to have rain, but I
am out to explosre a new trail.

Grey Owl