snootoe

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:02:30 -0400
From: Coyle306 <coyle306@verizon.net>

CD> Last  weekend  I  never saw or heard the "other hiker" that
was on the  trail  with  me  but  I  knew  he was there as I
seemed to be following his cigarette smoke. That rated
exceptionally high on my annoyance scale. If I wanted to smell
cigarettes I could have gone to a bar.

coyle306 wroted:
You  gotta  be  kidding  me.  You  are  outdoors,  where  fresh
air is constantly  circulating.  Someone is far enough away from
you that you can  neither  see  nor hear the person. You get a
fleeting, momentary, whiff  (Don't tell me it was more than
that. You are outdoors, and the person is so far away as to be
unseen and unheard) of cigarette smoke, and  it  annoys  you  to
an "exceptionally high" degree? And then, you compare this
excruciatingly annoying experience to being indoors, in a
closed room, with multiple people smoking within a few feet of
you?
Cut me a break. I am sick of smug people whining about having to
smell even the most minute bit of smoke while outdoors. In
addition to being prone to exaggeration, you are very easily annoyed.

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.