[at-l] Smoking & addresses

Regarding the question about smoking (anything) on the trail.....I don't think it should be an issue if you smoke ANYTHING on the trail as long as you clean up your butts and as long as you don't act crazy and/or jeopardize yourself or any other hikers.

As far as those of you wanting a "fixed" address....I am retired from the Post Office.  As long as you have a current address, you can rent a post office box.  The post office will verify your street address when you first rent the box.  From then on, it's smooth sailing!  And, if you choose to not opt for the Postal Service, you can also rent a mailbox thru Mail Box Etc. and other places like that.  You can go either of those routes if you don't want to use a relative's address.

janiek