[at-l] Giving it all up

> <<Has anyone actually sold everything they own to hike and hike and hike?>>

You might look around for some books on living the RV lifestyle. I know it's
not the same as the hiking lifestyle, but they might have some good ideas on
how to set yourself up with no real address. Given that a lot of retired
permanent RV-ers sell the house to buy the RV, there might be something
useful about that question, too.

My personal feeling, having dealt with it myself, is not to own any rental
property unless I am living in the same town, so I can deal with the minor
problems personally (and keep an eye on the place). If I had a chunk of
equity, I would look hard at selling the house and investing the money, then
living off part of the interest while I hiked. But your financial advisor
would be a big help here.

Ken