[at-l] Cell Phones, yet again

I understand it is related to a difference in how we hear the conversation
while we are on the phone. Our wired home telephone echoes our speech to
us, leading us to modulate our volume and not shout. Cell phones do not
send us our speech, hence we only hear with the unused ear - and
automatically increase the volume.

There is also the problem of the poor connection. Many of us believe that
if we raise our voice, we are more easily understood. Rarely is that true.

OrangeBug