[at-l] gear list in order of priority

In a message dated 4/17/2005 12:31:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
thornel@attglobal.net writes:

There  are benefits to canister fuels over alcohol, especially in colder
weather.

If there is a problem with this system, it would be in the  need for an
additional pot support if you damaged the cozy/cup or lost it.  It appears
to be primarily a solo hiker's cooking system.

I'd  suggest going to the YahooGroup BackpackingGearTest list and seek
reviews.  Otherwise, I hope you will buy it and report on  it.

OrangeBug

**

While I also have a cannister stove, alcohol CAN still work at cold  temps.
At 5 below zero, we used an alcohol stove to melt snow for our water.
It can be done. But having said that, go with what you are comfortable  with.

hotdog