[at-l] Cell Phones, yet again

Cell phones have been a hot topic in every venue where they might be used.
There are places where their use is a safety concern - such as hospital
telemetry units. There are places where their use is rude to all in the
venue - theaters, plays, restaurants, social clubs and the like. There are
places where their use is stupid and/or a violation of privacy for others -
such as physician's office, locker rooms and such.

I see use of cell phones at scenic views and shelters much like rudeness. I
feel the use of it to remain city based to discuss business and other
issues a self defeating proposition.

Yet, if you wish to carry a cell phone for emergency use, reassurance of
your family, to dictate your journal, etc. - fine - but respect others who
may not wish to see or share your telephone conversation. If you are
insulted by the fact that someone carries a cell phone, I envy that you
have so few major problems in life.

The cell phone issue is one that is an individual decision. These "debates"
are usually simply proclamations of opinion. I doubt any opinion has been
changed by these threads.

OrangeBug