[at-l] Hummingbird in Lousiana

Last night we slept on the banks of the Mississippi River.  We were "special
invited guests" at a large  "camp-out" on a beautiful old Southern
plantation.  Surrounded by 110 historical acres of the most incredible trees
and flora, my husband serenaded a small group around a campfire.  We ate
marinated steaks, cheeses, wines and assorted goodies.  Other than an
occasional barge pushing it's load, there was no sound for miles around.  I
hung up my hammock between two old tangled trees as the wind rocked me to
sleep.  The sound of a lone bird woke me this morning.  Then another chimed
in until they became a chorus.  I realized that I had slept the entire night
through.  I cannot remember when that had happened last.  Total peace.

It is amazing how nature can a person out of the madhouse of life and
refresh the soul.  For a short time, there are no problems, no worries.  I
need to remember these moments....to refresh myself with the breezes and
chirps as the memories caress me and bring me back to those feelings.

I need to remind myself that there is no yesterday, no tomorrow.  There is
only today.  If I can only stay here....in today...I will be okay.  Please
remind me when I forget, when I start to complicate my life again.  All I
need to do is go and take a hike, hang up my hammock and breath some fresh
air.

Hugs, Hummingbird