[at-l] Social Security (Off Topic)

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE  REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!
KEEP  IT GOING!!!!
2008 Election  Issue!!

GET A  BILL  STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOC. SEC.

This must be   an issue in "2008". Please! Keep it going.

SOCIAL  SECURITY:
(This is worth reading. It is  short and to the point.)
Perhaps  we are asking the wrong questions during election years.
Our  Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and,  of
course, they do not collect from it.
You  see, Social  Security benefits were not suitable for persons  of their
rare  elevation in society. They  felt they should have a special  plan for
themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their

own  benefit  plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt  the  need to change it.
After all, it is a great plan.

For  all practical purposes their plan works like this:
When  they retire, even if they only had one term in office and did  nothing,
they continue  to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of  living  adjustments.

This is calculated on an average life span for each  of  those two
Dignitaries.  For example, Senator Byrd and  Congressman  White and their
wives may expect
to draw $7,800,000.00  (that's Seven Million,  Eight-Hundred Thousand
Dollars), with their  wives drawing $275,000.00 during the  last years of
their lives.
Younger  Dignitaries, who  retire at an early age, will receive  much more
during the rest of their  lives.
Their  cost  for this excellent plan is $0.00.  NADA....ZILCH....

<!--[if  !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
This  little perk they  voted for themselves  is free to  them. You and I
pick
up the tab for this plan. The funds for this  fine  retirement plan come
directly from the General Funds;

<!--[if  !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
"OUR  TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!
>From  our own Social Security  Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid)
into,-every  payday  until we retire (Don?t forget to add the same amount
your
employer   removes from your wages that politicians like to say is matching,
but is
your  money just reduced from what you would have been paid)-
We  can  expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.
Or,  in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000  monthly
benefits  for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill  Bradley's
benefits!
( I  don't know who did these  calculations or what period of time it covers,
however,  that comes to  $817,000. If that is for 1 year, then 10 years would
be $8,170,000  and  Bradley's life expectancy could reasonably be another 30
40+ years.  At  any one time there are 100 senators and, if I recall
correctly,
432  representatives. Over a period of 10 years, I'm guessing around  1000
different  congressmen. With those already out of office and  increased life
expectancies we  could be looking at 10,000 or more  [still guessing]
collecting at
any one  time.  10,000 times  817,000 yearly would be over 8 trillion per
year!
That  they voted  themselves!!  With about 1/5 of the population living below
the   poverty level!!!  And American jobs being exported!!!  And  government
officials getting away with misuse of office, perjury,  insider trading,
moral
turpitude, possibly interfering with elections,  and of course the
magnificent
[not] job they are doing.  Seems to  me that this is not what the founders
intended. Might be time for a  national referendum or new constitutional
convention.)
Social  Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That  change would be to:

Jerk  the Golden Fleece  Retirement Plan from under the Senators and
Congressmen. Put  them into  the Social Security plan with the rest of us
then  sit  back.....
and  watch how fast they would fix it.

<!--[if  !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
If  enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be  planted
and
maybe  good changes will evolve.

How  many  people can YOU send this to?  Better yet.....
How many people   WILL you  send this to??