gypsy

From: Greg Brown <gregbrown@mindspring.com>
That said I am going to check out a couple pairs of boots this weekend.
  I looked for reviews for the La Sportiva Pingora GTX Hiking Boots but
haven't found any.  This appears to be the lightest weight waterproof
hiking boot that has a 1/2 steel, 1/2 nylon shank (for under $200.00).
Light, but nowhere near super-light.  Does anyone on the list use this
boot?  If so, what are your thoughts?

On the other hand, REI has a pair of hiking boots that are waterproof
and lighter, but the shank is all nylon - no steel.