[at-l] boot question - nylon vs. steel shank

> Long story short: Do you want to use a boot that is
> made by the lowest bidder by people who really don't
> walk all that much? :)

Well, mil-spec is mil-spec.  My jump boots have put up with more then
any other pair of footwear I have ever owned.

After inspection I think they are not the best choice for hiking.  The
gor-tex lined ones are too heavy and I've never used them so I would
lean more towards *lightweight* hiking boots.  Waterproof, of course.

Greg