[at-l] boot question - nylon vs. steel shank

In a message dated 4/14/2005 12:38:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gregbrown@mindspring.com writes:

I'm not  sure if they
would stand up to six months and 2000 miles, but they would  be a topic
of conversation, I am sure!  Perhaps I'll try them out  this weekend on
my second quick hike around Medoc  mountain.

Why do people think that equipment has to last the whole journey?   Some will
but a lot of equipment will need to be replaced.  Ah, a new pair  of boots as
you enter New Hampshire -- not a bad idea.

Skylander