[at-l] boot question - nylon vs. steel shank

I have been thinking about using Army boots for some time.  I was
presented with a pair of Army issue jump boots while doing some work in
Korea and, I have to say, they are quite comfortable.  Plus, like you
stated, they lace up high and are quite tough  I'm not sure if they
would stand up to six months and 2000 miles, but they would be a topic
of conversation, I am sure!  Perhaps I'll try them out this weekend on
my second quick hike around Medoc mountain.

If you are able, perhaps a U.S. Army Boot would be good for you.? They
lace up high and are very stabilizing.? Soldiers hike long distances in
them carrying very heavy packs, Rifle, Ammo, etc., and they last a long
time.? Of course, they may be a bit heavy but they work.