[at-l] A question of definition.

re: Buddhist nuns

One of the co-founders of my company was a Buddhist
nun. True story... In fact, the name of the company is
related to a story in Buddhist mythology. She's a cool
woman.

However, we have many Buddhists here in Boulder that
aren't as cool. Many are of the strain I call
"granaola yuppie Buddhists". The running joke in
Boulder is "I'm not rich enough to be a Buddhist". :)
Have your prayer mat, drive a $40,000 SUV, have a
"FREE TIBET" bumper sticker, drink your soy chai
latte, act all high and mighty about your retreat you
just paid $2000 to go to. [1]

I suspect real Buddhists and the granola yuppie strain
are two very different people to say the least.
;-)

Mags

[1] I have been on two $3000 retreats myself. They
just lasted a few months and involved more Snickers.
:D

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com