[at-l] boot question - nylon vs. steel shank

In a message dated 4/14/2005 9:57:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gregbrown@mindspring.com writes:

Disclaimer - shoes won't work for me on the trail - my ankles roll to
easily.. hence my search for the right boot.

That said I am going  to check out a couple pairs of boots this weekend.

If you are able, perhaps a U.S. Army Boot would be good for you.  They  lace
up high and are very stabilizing.  Soldiers hike long distances in  them
carrying very heavy packs, Rifle, Ammo, etc., and they last a long  time.  Of
course, they may be a bit heavy but they work.

Skylander