[at-l] "I'll see you later"

> "Okay, then." A moment later I could hear her voice in the
> backyard talking to Mrs. Thacker. I couldn't understand the words,
> but I knew they were saying something good.

No, it was Mrs. Thatcher.  You always did confuse the two.  Mrs. Thacker
died the previous summer of a brain aneurysm at the VFW hall while playing
bingo.  I remember because Chelsea called me really upset about it at the
time.  We were going to run away to Spain together, but we never worked up
the courage and she married an insurance salesman.  I can't speak Spanish
anyway, so I guess it's just as well.

Shane