[at-l] Re: (no subject)

Now THAT was a useful post (to myself being a newbie).  Can't we all
agree that even though each individual sale of Wingfoot's book does not
directly benefit the AT (through a portion of that sales going directly
to the trail) the trail may benefit indirectly?

I wonder, how many members of the ATC were members before they first
hit the trail vs. how many signed up as members after their hike?
Wouldn't it then not matter too much which book one selected for hiking
the trail if a percentage of those same people became members after
hiking the trail and then providing more funds to the ATC then just a
percentage of a single book sale?

Besides, in any environment, this one included, competition is always a
good thing.  From the sounds of it both books are excellent sources of
information and doesn't that push both publications to provide better
and more accurate information year after year?

Doesn't everyone benefit?

Greg