[at-l] A question of definition.

At 11:04 AM 4/13/2005 -0400, Steve Adams wrote:
>Just to inform me.
>
>Reference the thread "catholic-nuns-with-rulers."
>
>Are there nuns who are not Catholic?  Or, restated, are the counterparts
>of >Catholic< nuns, in other religions, titled differently?

Yes, there are. Some were higher in rank than Catholic Nuns, for example
the Vestal Virgins who had status equal to priests
<http://sights.seindal.dk/sight/318_Vestal_Virgins.html>. There are
equivalents in modern religions as well.

>P.S.  This is a serious question.  I can see the potential for humor, and
>always enjoy humor, and will gladly accept humor, but the seriousness of
>the question also remains.

Was death by being buried alive for violating the vow of chastity serious
enough for you?