[at-l] Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 4/12/2005 9:23:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
*
*
*
As Publications Chair for ADK I know that sale of
Guidebooks is a significant source of income for groups such as ATC. I
don't dislike Dan but I do dislike the idea of people publishing competing
guidebooks that siphon off dollars from the groups that provide us with
trails. I especially dislike those who started out doing a guidebook for
the organization then went out on their own using what they learned while
working for the organization. Call it politics if you want. I call it
putting your money where your boot prints are. You may rationalize it
otherwise if you want.
*
*
*

           Hrrumph, hrrumph.

                 I feel the same way about groups who very palpably resist
what ATC does itself in terms of the Trail's purpose while posing themselves as
Trail supporters and critics. Especially those who are shown good reasoning
yet prefer a continued campaign of negativeness towards Trail persons whose real
crime is standing up for the Trail (however they do it)...

*