[at-l] Kelty Trekker 4300

In a message dated 4/12/2005 7:04:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bror8588@aol.com writes:

By  whom?  There are many who prefer the EF packs because with an   External
Frame the load is separate from the body and provides for air  to  circulate
between pack and body.  Also at the  Shelters/Lean-tos there are  places to
hang an
EF pack or even when  camping away from the official places the  EF packs can
be hung on  tree branches.  Also they stand alone or with the  aid of a
walking
stick.

Skylander

**

I guess by going to lighter weight equipment, we all made the external  frame
packs less usefull (They are good for carrying heavier loads). They still
have their
place, but just not in my gear closet. I have no use for carrying a heavy
load, my
body would collapse... LOL!     YMMV

But don't try carrying resupply items to an AMC hut in an internal frame
pack...
Ouch...

hotdog AT 03