[at-l] Inny or outy? (WAS "Kelty Trekker 4300")

Internal frame packs are superior on narrow, rough trails. But that generally is not the AT. After my Kelty fell off the back of a pickup truck and was run over, I replaced it with an internal frame Lowe. It wasn't an improvement, but the Lowe wasn't so bad that I've ever replaced it in the ensuing 20 years. (I'm still researching the best replacement external. Unless one is a collector of fads, one should make these decisions slowly)

Weary