[at-l] Kelty Trekker 4300

Victoria has begun the process of filling her gear closet!

We each have a few packs that we have known, loved, loathed and sent to the
closet. Sometimes we are able to sell them to unsuspecting newbies, like my
TNF Beheamoth Pack, sold to Pittsburg's son at the SORUCK 2 years ago.

This is the first step toward gear addiction.

In general, I'd avoid buying a pack until you have selected your gear - and
know what you plan to carry. In practice, few go that strategy. Kelty makes
excellent packs, with my current pack a Kelty Flight bought on EMS sale a
few years ago, very light weight and initially hard to get comfortable. It
is an internal frame pack which uses a modular design - a cheap version of
the Cloud. There are many other choices available, and at least as many
opinions about the "right" pack.

The important thing is to get to know the pack you've purchased, put it to
use and then decide for yourself whether this was a wicked deal for you or
for the seller. I'd focus of bigger investments that you will really
question - but will pay off in the long run. The sleeping bag is the most
costly investment, yet could last you a life time. Shelter will be the next
big item. You will vacillate between comfort and lightness. Both are
important compromises.

Enjoy the addiction!

OrangeBug
<also enjoying Johnny One Note's charming fireside flatulence.>