[at-l] "catholic-nuns-with-rulers"

My social studies teacher, Colonel Wretschko, had an uncanny ability to hit you upside the head from the other side of the room with a blackboard eraser!  Ah, the good old days.

Kent Gardam

Jim Bullard <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
I didn't go to a Catholic school but I had one old bag teacher who liked to
whack me with a ruler when she didn't like the way I wrote my letters or
numbers. She was also a McCarthyite who read us lists of things 'commies'
say and told us that if we heard Mommy or Daddy saying any of those things,
we had to turn them in. If you are old enough, you went to school before
whacking students was a no-no. Not all teachers did it though. I had some
very nice teachers too and a few who could put you in your place with just
a look.