[at-l] I manage to get a short hike in this weekend.

Yesterday I hiked the trails at Medoc Mountain State Park in North
Carolina (just outside of Hollister, NC).  The trails were not very
challenging though the park was almost empty (even in a weekend!) so it
was nice and secluded.  It has been years, and I mean YEARS, since I
have been hiking any distance so it was a great place to take a nice,
secluded walk in the woods.  I do need real hiking boot, however as I
very nearly rolled my ankles several times.

Below is a link to medoc mountain state park
http://tinyurl.com/59sab

Today I kayaked down the neuse river, but only for a few miles.  I'm
sun burned to the point of crispiness so I guess it was far enough!

Greg