[at-l] Cell Phones on the AT

Hello,

(I know this is a sensitive issue with many hikers, so please don't flame
this request.)

I'm a tech contact for a good friend that's hiking the AT this summer. He
flew out of Boston to Georgia yesterday and he's now on his way.

I've built him a hikeblog that he'll be updating during the night by text
message/email from his cell phone (the URL is below). I was curious about
cell connectivity issues on the Trail. He wants to update every night, but
I'm not sure if that'll be an issue or not. I'd like to let him know if
there are any large patches that are out there where he won't be able to
connect.

About the site: It's not completely done yet, but I'll be working every
night to get it done. It's usable in it's current state, but it's
incomplete. You can check it out now, or bookmark it to see it when it's
done (within the next two weeks):

http://www.grenadeboy.com/

I'll post to this list when it's finished, unless you'd rather I didn't.

Thanks in advance for any input you might have!
.snaps.