[at-l] OFF TOPIC: Extinction?

At 05:15 PM 4/8/2005 -0400, Steve Adams wrote:
>You haven't proven God anymore than you have proven the Easter Bunny.

Steve, Believers don't work on evidence and proof, they rely on faith.
Shorthand for "it is so because someone I choose to believe said so". They
then insist that you accept it on faith because they said so. This process
can continue for millennia without a shred of proof. Science on the other
hand lasts only a long as it can demonstrate the accuracy of its theories.

RE: The book of Revelation. Those who have studied Bible history know that
the book included in the Bible is but one book of revelation among many
that were considered for inclusion in the Bible. I don't recall the exact
number but 25 sticks in my head for some reason. They were written by
ascetic monks who went out and sat in a cave on something akin to a Native
American vision quest, meditating endlessly while eating little or nothing
until they hallucinated. Then they wrote down their vision. So far as I
know it was never recorded why the Revelation of St. John (not the same
John who was a disciple) was chosen over the others when they put together
an "Authorized" version around 300 C.E. (formerly A.D.) nor do we have any
idea how many "revelations" were never considered for inclusion because the
manuscripts did not survive long enough. Its choice probably had something
to do with "faith".

P.S. To whomever wrote the subject line as "OFF LIST"... It wasn't. You
sent it to the list. I changed it to OFF TOPIC. Perhaps I should have made
that WAY OFF TOPIC.

P.P.S. To creemos@pgmradio.org, I meant I'd read the entire *Bible*, not
your entire post. Not just once, but several times. BTW I haven't checked
the specific verses he gives, but Greg's list sounds pretty accurate.