[at-l] OFF LIST: Extinction?

On Apr 8, 2005, at 5:15 PM, Steve Adams wrote:

> Creemos,
>
> Reference your post, dated 04-08-05.
>
> Have you ever believed in Santa Claus?  Have you ever believed in The
> Easter Bunny?  Have you ever believed in The Tooth Fairy?

Oh.. this is relevant.  If you like to listen to audio books on your
hikes as I do I would highly recommend Me Talk Pretty One Day by David
Sedaris**.  Actually I would recommend anything by David Sedaris - all
his book are quite funny.

One funny note: I was listening to Me Talk Pretty One Day on a flight
from Raleigh to Florida.  I think that most people that see you with an
iPod probably think you are listening to music.  Well, at one certain
part of the audio book I busted out laughing in mid-flight.  Talk about
a lot of heads turning quickly in my direction!  I actually had to take
my earphones out and say "I'm listening to a funny book" to settle
people's nerves.

Next time I fly myself (except that Raleigh to Tampa in a Cessna takes
a bit of time).

Actually the religion topic brings up yet another point.  I heard, many
years ago, that trail minister angles have been known to provide Sunday
services at some shelters for anyone who cares to participate.  Is this
true?  It would be hard to beat the setting if so.

Greg

** Even though Mr. Sedaris and I hail from the same area (originally, I
think he now lives in the UK) I am in no way compensated by sales of
his work.