[at-l] Exotic meats (was Oh My!)

re: tripe

YEEEECH!

I would not say that is too exotic, depends on the
culture. Many of our recent Latino immigrants
essentially make that dish and call it "menudo".

I have a vague recollection of eating that dish at 7
or 8 yrs old. My great-grandmother (who was from the
Naples area) used to make tripe. Tripe, like most
organ meat based dishes, are called "poor peoples
food". Like most "poor peoples food", they are now
sold in restaurants that charge and arm and leg for
what is simple, yet tasty cuisine.

I remember it being, well YEECCH!. Perhaps 20+ yrs
later, I may enjoy it.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com