[at-l] SuperVolcano?

In a message dated 4/7/2005 12:15:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

But - I  had no idea Yellowstone National Park sat atop one of the
earth's most  active volcanoes - a "supervolcano" in the vernacular.
Obviously, there  are the geysers and hot springs and such, and it is
active volcanically,  but I didn't realize it had a chance to blow.

Anyone know anything  about this? My friend who follows super volcanoes
claims the probabilities  of it exploding in the very near future are
high. (:>) Obviously, the  movie is playing on this, but are the
chances for a soon explosion  hype?

**

I heard about this a few years ago. Not sure what is true, but
supposedly it would take out a big chunk of the country if it blew.
if....

hotdog