[at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]

> Hiking on the AT there isn't much chance that Horse or some foreign animal
> will be eaten or served.  ... not Goat, ...
>
> Skylander

Goat meat is quite common in the DC area - it is always available in
Shopper's Food Warehouse, for instance. We have a lot of immigrants in
this area, and a lot of ethnic foods available.

I ate quite a bit of goat in India, where it is very popular, and also
in Peru, China and the Carribean.

I do agree that pizza would probably be more in demand on the AT at this
point in time - but that will change. When I grew up no one had ever
heard of pizza. Pepperoni was considered garlicy and not propper for
Americans to eat. Believe it or not, so was shrimp. Funny the difference
a generation or so makes.

- Greenbriar