[at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]

In a message dated 4/6/2005 3:01:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
marta_clark@yahoo.com writes:

The  serious problem with horse meat is that it
sometimes comes from horses  stolen in the US and
exported for slaughter.  A nasty practice.   The
transportation was cruel to the animals, and the
financial loss as  well as emotional anguish of the
horse owners was enormous.

Not a  funny subject.  Sorry.

There are legitimate "farms" or ranches that raise Horses for  consumption.
Many countries in the world have strange practices and there  will always be
rustlers who steal and rob the legitimate businesses.  I do  not advocate
eating Horse as I prefer Beef but there are many who eat the exotic  animals just
for the experience.

Hiking on the AT there isn't much chance that Horse or some foreign animal
will be eaten or served.  Perhaps a Burger or some Ham or Chicken or Snake  or
even Veal but not Goat, Horse, Dog, Elephant, Cat (big or small) or Monkey,
etc., will be found or relished on the AT.  Most would probably prefer  Pizza.

Skylander