[at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]

Message: 30
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:33:24 -0400
From: <greyowl@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]
To: Bror8588@aol.com, garyticknor@starpower.net
Cc: kent_gardam@yahoo.com, janl2@mindspring.com,
	at-l@mailman.backcountry.net

>So do we cook the horse and zebra in the wine or do
we drink
it before we eat (I vote for the latter)?

>Grey Owl

>>   Zebra, and Horse might better be used for stewing
or
>>   long cooking to break down the stringiness.  Of
>>   course, a good wine helps.
>
>>   Skylander

We inadvertently ate horse meat when we were living in
Russia--it was in sausage imported from France.

The serious problem with horse meat is that it
sometimes comes from horses stolen in the US and
exported for slaughter.  A nasty practice.  The
transportation was cruel to the animals, and the
financial loss as well as emotional anguish of the
horse owners was enormous.

Not a funny subject.  Sorry.
Marta