[at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]

In a message dated 4/6/2005 8:45:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
greyowl@rcn.com writes:

British  polar explorer Robert Falcon Scott took white horses
along to the  Antarctic on his 1910-1912 expedition to
become the first to reach the  south pole.  Unfortunately for
Scott though, Norwegian explorer  Amundsen beat the British
team in the race to the pole by about a  month.  Even more
unfortunately for Scott's team, the whole team died  on their
return trip back to their base.  No word on what happened to
the horses though.

>Kent Gardam

I understand that  they we delicious (Sorry Jan)

In Portland, Oregon (many years ago) Carne de la Equine (horsemeat) was  sold
in Supermarkets.  I remember that my mother-in-law prepared a meal  with it
as the main course.  It was a tough cut of meat and needed stewing  or
braising.  The flavor resembled beef but I prefer beef (NY Strip  Sirloin) as the
flavor is better.  Animals provide good protein no matter  the species.

Skylander