From: "Richard Mann" <yugrekih@yahoo.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>; <shellydhale@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] NOBO Thruhike Start Dates

SNIP
Us angels here in Georgia try our best to help the uneducated newbies
get on the proper track, but soooooooo many of these people are
convinced that they are properly prepared that it can get comical.
There is a fellow hiking with an 18-pound bicycle.  It was his method
of getting to Springer, it is his method of getting in and out of
towns, and it will be his method of getting home from katahdin, so it
is strapped on his back for the entire hike.  He made it through
Georgia some how...
SNIP
<<