[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] AT nutritionist? -- just an almond freak!
- Subject: [at-l] AT nutritionist? -- just an almond freak!
- From: dajones at isp.com (David A Jones)
- Date: Sat Apr 2 20:20:58 2005
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2550 calories (82% fat) in a pound of shelled raw almonds
compare this to:
1500 calories (10% fat) in a pound of rice
The real difference is the fat. Fat has a lot more calories, but I
would want to get 2/3 of my calories from carbohydrates. Oatmeal is a
favorite choice for carbs for me. But back to almonds: I like the idea
of simple, natural, unprocessed, vegetarian foods. At Costco, I can get
3 pounds of raw almonds for about $7. Needs no cooking. Good source of
vitamin E. And it's about 20% protein by weight.
But then again, a handfull of greasy salty peanuts is mighty fine.
If you want to do your own research:
(but have a calculator handy)