[BULK] [at-l] Mahoosic Notch

In a message dated 4/2/2005 1:12:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

*
*
*
I never found the notch particularly difficult, but it is time consuming,
unless you are into jogging 45 degree granite slabs, and jumping over 20 foot
rock crevaases. But I've always found it great fun.
*
*
*

         I suppose an improvement could be made to the trail course through
the notch to make it a little less difficult or even dangerous. This would be
tough to do without infringing on the wild quality of the mile-long boulder
scramble. I can imagine wooden walkways craftily attached to the boulders, but
that would be too much like a victorian-age attraction.

            Southbound from Katahdin in fall 1985 we spoke of the notch
challenge with enthusiastic anticipation. But that was with healthy young legs...

 *