Subject: Note to ALDHA Friends
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:15:59 -0500
From: "Brian B. King" <bking@appalachiantrail.org>

Because the Gathering truly has been the annual highlight weekend for
me for 15 of the almost-18 years I've been at ATC, but what I'll be doing
this October is uncertain, I wanted to let all of you know that I was
not selected last Friday night for the "new" job as director of
communications here.  A highly rated guy from AOL with lots of electronic-
media savvy will start in that position next Monday.

I have no doubt Laurie will continue the to-me essential relationship
between ATC and ALDHA, and I had been planning anyway to encourage Mari
Omland, the conservation director, to get involved and try to tap your
many talents as well as she develops and expands those programs.

What comes next for me, I don't know yet.  But, you all have been
touchstones in my work/life, and I wanted to thank you for that and all
you've taught me and let you know of this development before you see it
elsewhere.