[at-l] Two Years Ago Today...

...I was on top of Max Patch. No April Fool.
It was not spring up there. But it was brilliantly sunny.
The deep snow had been swept off the bare top onto the downhill side -
the side I was coming up.
I was hiking with Pop-Pop, Sonic and Guana and, being the first up
there that day, we faced a hanging cornice of snow that we basically
had to swim through. It was hip-deep, and we were slipping and falling
in it and laughing so hard it made getting back up difficult.
Man! That was great fun!
Being clear, on top of course we had that endless rolling view of
multiple snow-capped ranges that makes Max Patch so special. You just
can't be mad at the world up there.
Made it to Roaring Fork Shelter, and hobbled into Hot Springs the next
day for a large meal at the Smoky Mountain diner.
Ahhh....

--
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/