[at-l] mahoosuc notch

As you said, it all depends.  I thought that last mile into Pearisburg down the
mountain in the mud was pretty difficult.  I have heard that I was one of the
few who did not fall and skid down it that day.

North of Sarver Hollow shelter somewhere the trail crosses a bunch of flat,
slippery-when-wet rocks. I limped for several days following.

The area on either side of Mt. Washington can be tough in 80 mph winds.

The first few miles north of Monson are so full of rocks and roots that I was
worried I couldn't get to Abol bridge in less than a week.

Actually, I think all the miles are tough: sometimes you just don't notice.

Jestbill GaMe'03